Sunday, September 9, 2012

Week 3 Experience

This week I was able to visit my school one day and I met with my supervising counselor at the school.  We sat down to plan activities for this upcoming week.  She has been doing guidance lessons with the kindergarten classes on manners and suggested that I meet with the kindergarten classes to continue the lesson.  She gave me some books that I could read to them and suggested some material that I could use as well.  I am excited to visit with the little ones but I admit I am nervous as well.  It has been over three years since I have taught so I am hoping that it will just all come back to me!  We also discussed my individual counseling session for this upcoming week as well.  I have been stressing about this whole experience and getting all my hours in but I feel much better after we started getting a plan in place.

1 comment:

  1. When I did my student teaching I was assigned to a kindergarten class and had had no previous experiences in one. I was more than a little nervous too. I soon realized that the kids all love to be read to, as long as you do it with a lot of animation and involve them in the book as much as possible.

    ReplyDelete