Monday, September 17, 2012

My first Guidance Lessons-Week 4

This past week I had the opportunity to teach guidance lessons to the Kindergarten classes.  I was excited and nervous to teach these lessons because it had been over three years since I had been in the classroom.  My supervising counselor suggested that I do a lesson on manners for the classes because she had already started that with them at the beginning of the school year. Their teachers also felt that it was a great subject that the students needed a refresher on.  I continued the manners lesson by sharing a book about using good manners.  Then the students and I discussed ways that they can use good manners.  I also gave them example scenarios and they gave me either a thumbs up or a thumbs down.  Thumbs up was if the scenario suggested using good manners and of course thumbs down for scenarios using bad manners.  It actually felt very good to be back in the classroom working with students.  My last two years that I was teaching I actually taught kindergarten so it was great to be with the little ones again!  Now I am looking forward to my next guidance lesson with some first graders!

1 comment: