Friday, September 7, 2012

Great School Counseling Website Example

I found a website that is a great example of what to include in a website that I would create as a school counselor.  This website is for the Osceola Middle School.  I like how the home page addresses what school counseling is, the mission statement for the district's school counseling program, and the national standards.  This is great so that parents can be more informed on the counseling program and how beneficial it is to the students. This counselor provides several online resources and titles of books for teachers, students and parents.   There is an overview of classroom lessons that the counselor will be teaching throughout the year that are divided into grade levels. There is also information provided on the school's student support groups and how the referral process works for that support group.  There is also information on the summer school gifted and talented program, the family resource center, and the counselor's contact information.  I think it would be a great idea as a counselor to creat a website like this one.  It is a wonderful way to connect with parents and the community.  I would create a website similar to this one that included basic information on what school counseling is, the services I provide and rescources that parents and students can use for various issues they may face.  A lot of times, parents are not aware of who the counselor even is and what they do, so a website like this one would be a great informative tool. 
The following is the link to the website I found:
http://www.myteacherpages.com/webpages/KErickson/index.cfm



1 comment:

  1. I posted the same page! I thought this was a very practical and easy to navigate website. It also provided very useful information for both students and parents. I am not a big technology person, however, I might be able to manage a page such as this one.

    ReplyDelete