Monday, November 5, 2012

Continued Learning as a Professional

As with any profession it is very important to continue your learning because things are constantly changing and it is vital that we keep up.  I am currently not employed so my first professional step is to seek employment as either an elementary teacher or student counselor.  I have been out of the elementary classroom for three years now and it is amazing to me how much has changed in that short span of time.  The only way I have been able to stay up to date is to talk to other professional in elementary education.  I also plan on subbing while I continue to look for a job so I feel that will help me to continue my learning in elementary education.  I will continue my learning in student counseling by continuing a professional relationship with my supervising counselors at the schools that I have been at throughout my practicum experience.  I feel that they will be a great source of information to me and I know that they will not mind to stay in contact with me.  I also plan to continue my education at Morehead State University while working on my Rank I in Student Counseling.  I feel that this will help to keep me knowledgable in the field as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment