Sunday, November 25, 2012

Middle School Counseling Experience

I had a great learning experience while working with a middle school counselor.  I was very surprised at how many students come in and out of her office each day.  The counselor was very busy throughout the day meeting with students who came to her office having difficulties they wanted to discuss or having trouble in class.  She barely had time to fit in the administrative duties for that day.  I enjoyed being there because she did meet with so many students each day, which is my favorite part of student counseling.  It was also a very awakening experience to see what problems these students encounter at home and at school.  The counselor that I was working with had a wonderful relationship with the students and it was obvious that they trusted her and felt comfortable confiding with her.  I was surprised that I enjoyed being there as much as I did considering I have more experience with elementary students.

No comments:

Post a Comment