Sunday, December 2, 2012

Continued learning and growth

I plan to continue growing professionally as a counselor or educator by first looking for a job where I can continue being a student counselor.  It is not easy to find a student counseling position in the area that I live considering there is usually only one at each school, but I will begin searching and waiting to see if a position would become available.  My immediate plan is to work as a substitute teacher until I can find a teaching or counseling position.  Being a substitute teacher will allow me to continue my experience with working with students and help to build my confidence.  I also plan on continuing my education my taking more counseling classes towards my Rank I degree.  I feel that it is also important to stay up to date on the latest news and changes in the student counseling career by being connected to organizations such as ACA.  I feel it is very important to stay updated in technnology at all times.  Technology is used every day while working with students so it is crucial to stay up to date on the latest technology changes.  Personally, it is important to reflect on how I can improve as well.  Considering this is the end of the year, it is a great time to reflect on changes I would like to make.  I would like to become more organized to help simplify my life.  My life could be less chaotic with a little more organization!  I would also like to better manage my time.  I like to use checklists to help with time management, but I have gotten out of the habit of doing that.  Those are some ways I can improve personally.

No comments:

Post a Comment