Monday, December 3, 2012

Week 14-Post of choice

It appears that I have previously forgotten to post something additional for week 14 other than my reflection, so here we go.  I hope that I can just blame this on pregnancy brain, at least for the time being!  Then I will blame it on being the mother of three!  I feel that I have voiced this before but I am glad that my practicum experience gave me the opportunity to get back into school and working with students.  I have been a stay at home mom for the past couple of years and I have enjoyed my time home but I am ready to feel like a professional again!  This practicum gave me the opportunity to feel professional again, even as a student!  It has also reinforced my feelings of going back to work even after giving birth to baby number 3!

I have a very genuine love and concern for children.  I always have known that I needed to pursue a career in which I could work with students.  It would be wonderful to be a student counselor but I am afraid that it will be difficult to find a counseling position in any of the surrounding counties.  There are very many counselors seeking positions and limited positions to fill.  I am beginning my search for a teaching or student counseling position and I cannot wait to see what lies ahead for me professionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment